Sunday 8 February 2015

Staying Curious


[Image Source: Pinterest]

Curiosity and being eager to learn are traits that I have let wane slightly since leaving education, I felt quite content with the things that I knew and I think not being constantly encouraged to ask why and find out the meaning or reasoning behind...well, anything, made me a little complacent.

I have made a conscious effort to be more curious and ask "why?" in the past few months and it is really quite fascinating the little things you learn. Things you may never have to look upon again...but it is there should you ever need it.

My most recent one was 'Why is Witch Hazel called Witch Hazel? Was it because witches used to use it as a healing remedy?'

The answer, which my mum informed me, was actually because the plant that it comes from is called a Wych Hazel plant - wych meaning 'flexible' and the branches on the plant are pliable hence the name. 

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but I'm doing OK.

Toodles.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment